TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE STYLE ACUPUNCTURE
Traditional Chinese Medicine, explains that health is the result of a harmonious balance of the complementary extremes of the energy flow through meridians (pathways) in the body.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Body’s Energy (Qi) or “Chi” flows along specific pathways in the body known as Meridians. When Qi becomes blocked, deficient, or stagnant, we experience the signs and symptoms of pain and illness. One purpose of acupuncture is to prevent or modify the perception of pain and is thus a form of pain control. Acupuncture may also provide relief from symptoms occurring due to many illnesses and conditions. It is used as a complementary approach along with regular health care for better quality of life.
WHAT ABOUT THE NEEDLES?
The needles used are of the highest quality, pre-sterilized and disposable. With proper technique, the needles that are thinner than a hair, cause little or no discomfort, and are painless after placement. Often, patients will notice tingling or a feeling of heaviness during the treatment as the needle connects with the Qi. Patients often report feeling very relaxed from a treatment.
WHAT DOES ACUPUNCTURE TREAT?
The National Institute of Health and the World Health Organization recognizes the efficacy of acupuncture for the treatment of 43 common disorders, including:
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as peptic ulcers, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, and gastritis
- Urogenital disorders including stress incontinence, urinary tract infection, and sexual dysfunction in men and women
- Gynecological disorders of irregular, heavy, or painful menstruation, infertility in women and men, and premenstrual syndrome
- Respiratory disorders such as emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies, and bronchitis
- Disorders of the bone, muscles, joints, and nervous system like arthritis, migraine, headaches, neuralgia, fibromyalgia, insomnia, dizziness, back, neck, and shoulder pain, and chronic pain syndromes
- Circulatory disorders such as angina pectoris, hypertension, and anemia
- Emotional and psychological disorders including depression and anxiety
- Addictions to alcohol, nicotine, and drugs
- Supportive therapy that relieves the unpleasant side effects of radiation and chemotherapy
TREATMENT OF NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS
Structural, biochemical or electrical abnormalities in the brain, spinal cord or other nerves can result in a range of symptoms. Acupuncture may help with various symptoms which may be the result of the following:
- Bell’s Palsy
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Tendon Contractions
- Tics, Spasms, Tremors
COMMUNITY / GROUP ACCUPUNCTURE
This is a wonderful way for treating simple conditions; however, more complex conditions are better treated in private sessions. Benefits of this acupuncture include:
- Managing stress, boosting the immune system, and balancing the mind-body-and spirit
- You get an affordable, high-quality treatment while you relax in a comfortable, group setting (families can receive treatment together)
- Group energy is inspiring – this traditional group setting can inspire you to get better faster
- It is comforting as the collective energetic field nurtures the entire group
- Periodic tune-ups are a low-cost alternative to typical healthcare
COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE, MEI ZEN
Mei Zen style is a particular protocol of Cosmetic Acupuncture which has excellent results. It reflects not only a change in external appearance, but also an improvement in total body wellness, reduced depression and less anxiety, sleep cycles & fewer hot flashes & night sweats.
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Promotes blood & lymph circulation
- Reduces & relaxes tension in facial muscles
- Stimulates production of elastin & collagen
- Digestive support
- Overall wellness
FIVE ELEMENT ACUPUNCTURE
This is a distinctive and powerful form of healing based on the premise that just as trees and birds are governed by the forces which control the cycles of the natural world, so too are humans. These forces can be viewed as five elements or phases of energy. Our symptoms on a physical, mental or emotional level often reflect blocked or depleted energy flow in relation to one or more of these elements. The pattern of flow and blockage forms the basis of diagnosis and treatment.
WHAT ARE THE FIVE ELEMENTS AND WHAT DO THEY DO?
Each of us has all of the five elements acting in consort in us, and we each have our own unique interplay of strength and weakness. Some of these characteristics are present at conception and others are acquired through lifestyle, injuries, and emotional hurts. Here are just a few of the many ways that each of the elements can show up when radiantly healthy and when they are struggling. Since each element affects all the others, symptoms in one element may actually be due to a problem in another element—proper diagnosis and treatment is essential.
WOOD: Liver/Gall Bladder Problems
Gifts: Planning, decision making, clear perception, creativity, appropriate anger, vision, flexibility
Out of balance: Inappropriate anger, indecisiveness, lacking plans, disorganization, hyper-organization, inflexibility, muscular pain or stiffness, fragile nails, gall bladder, liver or vision problems
FIRE: Heart/Small Intestines, Pericardium/San Jiao
Gifts: Warmth, partnership, compassion, joy, laughter, touch
Out of balance: Chaotic or hyper-controlling, emotional coldness, sadness, inability to connect with people, loneliness, inappropriate laughter, inappropriate sexuality, circulation problems (heart rhythm problems, cold extremities)
EARTH: Spleen-Pancreas, Stomach
Gifts: Nurturing (self and others), thoughtfulness, nourishment, taste, sympathy, stability, home
Earth Out of Balance: Worry, smothering caretaking, neglect of self or others, eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, overeating), obesity, bruising, prolapse, hemorrhoids, digestive problems, edema, varicose veins
Gifts: Awe, acknowledgement, respect, inspiration, smell, preciousness, acceptance, pruning the inessential
Metal Out of Balance: Absence of meaning, cynicism, harsh judgment, perfectionism, prolonged grief, clutter (inability to get rid of things), respiratory, skin, or elimination problems
Gifts: Wisdom, stillness, patience, potency, listening, sense of hearing, appropriate fear
Water Out of Balance: Excessive fear or fearlessness, hyperactivity, working until exhausted, lack of will power, lethargy, bladder or kidney problems, skeletal problems, hearing difficulty, premature graying/loss of hair, impotence
ACUPUNCTURE IS APPROPRIATE FOR ANY AGE.
CHILDREN ARE TREATED WITH NON-NEEDLE TECHNIQUES OR VERY LIGHT PEDIATRIC NEEDLES.
CALL 610.395.3355 FOR MORE INFORMATION