We are asked constantly “How can I live a healthy lifestyle?”
It’s about choosing new, healthy habits in your daily routine. I know, easier said than done. Don’t be hard on yourself. Start with taking small steps to change patterns. Most importantly, if you fall off track, which we all do once in awhile, just get back into it.
With the daily stresses most of us find ourselves dealing with, fast foods on every corner, the constantly pushing of fattening and tempting comfort foods, it’s no wonder we’re gaining so much weight and having health issues.
“How can I mentally and physically get on the right track?”
- Understand how you can benefit from a healthy lifestyle.
- Breaking bad habits can lead you to a better quality of life.
- Making healthy changes will reduce the risks of many health problems like heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- Get up and move!
Reasons why people find it hard to live a healthy lifestyle:
- Stress: How many times have you heard “stress eater”? Well it exists. Most people gain weight and don’t exercise due to the stresses in their life. Some great stress reducers: Yoga, Pilates and Meditation
- Too Busy: Rushing around, never the time? That quick meal at a chain seems an easier solution. You’ll have to find the time to do this! You will need to create a plan and do your best to stick with it. Use a calendar or journal to help you. Go to the grocery store once a week with a well planned out list.
- Difficulty already with movement: Most individuals that are already overweight don’t think they are able to exercise enough to make a difference, so they just give up. Start slow.Starting off with a nice walk in the morning or early evening is a great way to start the body moving.
- The “I can’t do it” mentality: There will be ups and downs, but don’t give up. You have what it takes and just because you attempted a diet or exercise program in the past determines your success this time around.Read a daily quote or find your inspiration from a friend or someone you know who has been there. Ask them questions on how they did it! Also, the practitioners at Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center are available to support, motivate, and guide you.