ADHD written on a chalkboard, Learning and having ADHD
Nearly one in five high school age boys in the United States and 11 percent of school-age children over- all have received a medical diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. This is new data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These rates reflect a marked rise over the last decade and could fuel growing concern among many doctors that the ADHD diagnosis and its medication are overused in American children. The Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) is a proven modality with no side effects that can help with these children.
The LENS is a specific kind of Neurofeedback that operates very rapidly and has qualities that make it much easier to use with people who can’t sit still.
Why It Is Easy:
- The child doesn’t need to “do” anything
- There is nothing to learn
- It works well for children who either cannot or will not pay attention to a computer screen for a longer time periods. The typical session with the LENS lasts 3-4 minutes
- It works much faster than traditional Neurofeedback with the number of sessions ranging from as few as 1 to an overall average number of sessions of 20
The LENS helps with any of the Central Nervous System dysfunctions such as ADD and ADHD, which result in the body’s difficulty regulating itself. This is a perfect example where the LENS is valuable.
Dr. Len Ochs, the inventor of the LENS, has discovered that one does not need to tell the brain what to do. He has found that by feeding back the very same brain waves that various areas of the brain are emitting and adding the slightest amount of change, called an offset, the brain:
- Minimizes its dysfunction
It does so with an extremely small radio-frequency input that is so tiny (far less than a cell phone and as short as a fraction of a second) as to be unperceivable.
The LENS process is not a treatment for any specific condition or directed toward a specific diagnosis. It is a general process that optimizes brain function. However, as self-regulation occurs, many symptoms that have their basis in central nervous system dysfunction begin to improve.
- Energy during the day
- Sleeping at night
- Sense of humor
- Motivation to get things done
- Ease of getting things done
- Concentration and focus
- Easier for students to initiate and complete homework tasks and to optimize their potential, abilities and performance in the educational setting
- Brings about significant improvements in a relatively brief process of therapy in physical and emotional rehabilitation (shown in clinical use)
The Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) has been used since 1998 with enough success to warrant respect from former and current patients, as well as from some of the top scientific institutions in the U.S.
To understand and experience the amazing benefits to the Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS), CALL 610-395-3355 to make an appointment with Maggie Narducci, MS, LBS.
Are you working hard? Your spine is working even harder!
Most of us—80% of Americans—experience back or neck pain at some time in our life.
More than half of sufferers say that sitting in the same position for long periods at a time has the most negative impact on their back health and thousands of workers admit that they spend virtually the whole day in the same position.
Sitting causes up to twice as much pressure on the spine as standing, so your back is always hard at work even when you think it’s resting.
Research suggests that one half of all working Americans have back pain symptoms each year.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Sit up straight: Have your bottom against the seat back and shoulder blades touching the back of the chair. Keep arms relaxed and close to the body and placed on the desk when typing.
- Drive well: Drivers’ seats should be set slightly backwards, and elbows should be at a comfortable and relaxed angle.
- Be computer compatible: The top of the screen should be level with your eyebrows and the chair titled slightly forward – knees should be lower than hips and feet flat on the floor.
- Take regular breaks: Don’t sit for more than 30 minutes without standing to stretch or taking a little walk. Use your feet instead of the internal phone or have meetings standing up.
- Drink Up: Try drinking water instead of tea or coffee.
Most times we don’t realize how hard we are working our spines – actually abusing our spines! Our spine and pelvis may be out of alignment, keeping us from sitting straight, and we don’t realize it until we experience PAIN. Since the health of our entire body may depend on being in alignment, it is wise to have regular Chiropractic adjustments to insure that we live a healthy life. Your chiropractor can also advise you on simple daily exercise regimes to combat the stress of sitting.
We take our cars for routine check-ups! Do you do that for your spine?
We take our cars to the garage if it is running poorly! Do you see a Chiropractor if your back is working poorly?
Chiropractic Care is available at Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center, 628 Twin Ponds Rd., Breinigsville, PA, West Lehigh Valley
Be smart…if you are experiencing pain or if you want to prevent pain,
Call 610-841-3395 today for an appointment.
By Greg Schweitzer
Meditation can help bring our lives under control when we are under stress. Under chronic stress and relentless pressure, the fight or flight response is activated. You can see it everywhere. Drive thru a yellow light today and probably 3 cars are following behind. Look to your right or left, drivers are on cell phones. Most of us know that studies have proven that multi-tasking while driving at high speeds is fraught with unnecessary risk and danger. Why do we live this way? Is our priority to live fast or to live well? We need to heal our brains if we want a better quality of life. A healthy brain creates a solid foundation for life. So, how do we create a healthy brain?
The ancient traditions say the way to heal the brain is with:
- Daily experience of a quiet mind, if only for minutes
A meditation practice doesn’t have to be connected to a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle, but the restful alertness it produces can reduce stress, anxiety, and develop inner peace. This restful alertness means that while the body is gaining deep rest and inner peace, the mind experiences quieter and quieter levels of thought. This can lead to a strong immune system that in turn will lower not only the risk of allergy suffering, but many other unwanted conditions.
Daily meditation practice benefits include:
- Deep healing and rejuvenating zest
- Release of stress and fatigue, more energy
- Lower blood pressure
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Improved memory, creativity and focus
- Relief from headaches and pain
- Stronger immune system, less illness and better sleep
- Better moods and increased happiness
- Mental clarity and peace of mind
- Enhanced self-esteem and emotional stability
The message of well−being through training to heal the brain and mind with meditation, is resonating with people everywhere.
Join our Effortless Meditation™ class that is offered 4 times each month at Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center in Breinigsville, PA.. Call 610-395–3355 for more information.
Greg has been teaching Effortless Meditation™ for more than 30 years.