You can learn an Ergonomic Walk that will prevent injury, increase energy and strength, and communicate a state of well-being, youth and self-confidence? Do you want to use walking to improve your brain and life? OR… will you wait for wear and tear to show up as pain in joints and muscles, headaches or the old-age, bent-over, shuffle? Walking can be a benefit or harm – it is up to you.
How did you learn to walk? Who did you imitate? Did you pick up their mistakes? Do you recognize the following pains? Could you be walking the wrong way?
Here are five common mistakes which make a walk cause harm. There are many more.
1) Shoulders pulled back (which also pushes head forward), causes neck and upper back problems. Long term, it can even cause the upper back to hump forward.
2) Walking with your weight too far back in the foot, causes problems with the lower back and shoulders. It can also cause hip/ thigh pain.
3) Not allowing thighbone to move far enough back as you walk, causes hip and foot problems.
4) Not using your big toe correctly or on the outside of your feet as you walk causes problems with the hip, feet and knees.
5) Not allowing your hips or shoulders to move freely causes a myriad of problems, injury and pain.
You may not realize you are walking incorrectly, but it is important to know that walking can be a benefit or it may be harming you and causing pain.
Just think about the people you know who are older but still move well, walk well, and have that inner spark of life. Ergonomic Walking is at the heart of youthfulness and well-being. It will improve all your physical endeavors including sports, dance, gardening, cooking, making speeches… and so much more.
Walking is one of the best ways to improve your brain, mind, and mood. CORRECT walking can magnify all of these benefits, because it utilizes the power of the neuromuscular movement-mind link. We were made to walk well! But….It is a skill that needs to be and should be developed. How about letting a person who has worked on creating an Ergonomic Walk for people for the past 30 years teach you how to walk for benefit and not harm?
Coordination Pattern™ Training and its simple exercises are just what you need. Join movement expert, Betsy Wetzig, at Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center for classes and her upcoming workshop. It is time for you to learn how to walk correctly to prevent pain or restore your body from abuse and pain.