WHOLE / PLANT BASED FOODS
NUTRITION / COOKING
HIPPOCRATES SAID “LET FOOD BE THY MEDICINE.”
Take one month to change your eating habits and change your life! Based on cutting-edge research by T. Colin Campbell, PhD., Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, and Dr. Joel Fuhrman, learn how effortless good health can be.
DISCOVER HOW YOU CAN:
- prevent or reverse heart disease and diabetes
- easily control your weight
- positively impact osteoporosis, auto immune disease, sleep and mood disorders.
With the support of a small group and an expert R.N. instructor trained in plant-based nutrition, you will learn how what we eat impacts our overall health. Through a combination of lecture, Q & As, and cooking demonstrations, you can learn how to transition into a plant-based diet.
- Why should your family and you eat this way?
- How do you know you are getting the proper balance of nutrients?
- How do you read a food label?
- What happens when dining in a restaurant, or having to navigate social situations?
We will simplify all the research into easily learned and practiced principles. For those who are new to this style of eating, or those who want to fine-tune their diet, this class offers something for all. You will receive the support necessary to either gradually transition your diet, or, perhaps, embrace it fully for the month. The more changes you make, the more profound the benefits you will feel!
This class is not a substitute for appropriate diagnosis and treatment from your doctor, but is an adjunct to your care. You will marvel at how much control you have over your health.
INSTRUCTOR: Hilary Smith, RN, Certified in Whole Plant-Based Foods from eCornell University