By Greg Schweitzer
Meditation can help bring our lives under control when we are under stress. Under chronic stress and relentless pressure, the fight or flight response is activated. You can see it everywhere. Drive thru a yellow light today and probably 3 cars are following behind. Look to your right or left, drivers are on cell phones. Most of us know that studies have proven that multi-tasking while driving at high speeds is fraught with unnecessary risk and danger. Why do we live this way? Is our priority to live fast or to live well? We need to heal our brains if we want a better quality of life. A healthy brain creates a solid foundation for life. So, how do we create a healthy brain?
The ancient traditions say the way to heal the brain is with:
- Daily experience of a quiet mind, if only for minutes
A meditation practice doesn’t have to be connected to a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle, but the restful alertness it produces can reduce stress, anxiety, and develop inner peace. This restful alertness means that while the body is gaining deep rest and inner peace, the mind experiences quieter and quieter levels of thought. This can lead to a strong immune system that in turn will lower not only the risk of allergy suffering, but many other unwanted conditions.
Daily meditation practice benefits include:
- Deep healing and rejuvenating zest
- Release of stress and fatigue, more energy
- Lower blood pressure
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Improved memory, creativity and focus
- Relief from headaches and pain
- Stronger immune system, less illness and better sleep
- Better moods and increased happiness
- Mental clarity and peace of mind
- Enhanced self-esteem and emotional stability
The message of well−being through training to heal the brain and mind with meditation, is resonating with people everywhere.
Join our Effortless Meditation™ class that is offered 4 times each month at Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center in Breinigsville, PA.. Call 610-395–3355 for more information.