By Betsy Wetzig
Most people walk incorrectly. (Who taught them how? What bad habits have they picked up?) Little by little their bodies are being injured. The results are our common injuries and pain in the lower back, knees, hip, neck, shoulder, feet and even headaches. Later on it leads to poor balance, shortening and tightening of the spine, weakening and an “old before your time” look and feel. Even if you have no pain now, incorrect walking will lead you to it. AND…Even many “fit” people don’t walk correctly.
Here are some major symptoms of a bad walk. Do you have any of them?
A) Simply stand still and ask someone to check you from the side. Is/are your:
• Head in front of the shoulders or tilted to the side
• Shoulders behind your hip (should be over the middle of the hip)
• Knees hyper-extended or locked
• Shoulders pulled up towards your ears or rounded forward
• Are your ankles, knees or hips tight?
• Is your gait even? (both legs with the same rhythm and movement)
GOOD NEWS…… You can transform your walk into an “Ergonomic Health Machines.” Your bad walking habits can easily be changed with simple exercises which will activate your correct Coordination to:
• PREVENT & REVERSE JOINT PROBLEMS, MUSCLE PAIN, & STIFFNESS
• IMPROVE YOUR COORDINATION, VIGOR, YOUTHFULNESS
• HELP YOU HANDLE STRESS MORE EASILY, BE MORE CONFIDENT
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
Join Movement Expert Betsy Wetzig’s CORRECT WALKING WORKSHOP
FRIDAY, DEC. 4TH , 7:00-9:30 PM
at Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center
Register at 610-398-9652 ($30 or $45/ two, at the door $ 40)